Business Adjunct – 2021
Keith Busse School of Business and Entrepreneurial Leadership
Under the direction of the Chair, Director, or Dean of the academic program, adjunct faculty receive a one-semester appointment in teaching. Adjunct faculty members assess, plan, implement, and evaluate instruction for students in online and/or classroom settings in coordination with established course and program objectives.
The Keith Busse School of Business and Entrepreneurial Leadership is seeking adjunct faculty who are interested in teaching on-ground and online courses at the undergraduate and graduate level in the following subjects
- Healthcare Administration
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Adheres to all applicable university academic and employment policies identified in the Employee and Faculty handbooks and academic catalogs
- Respects the moral and religious beliefs of the university and students; uses discretion when expressing personal beliefs and views
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chair, Director, or Dean
About our ideal candidate
- PhD. or DBA within a business discipline preferred
- MBA (Master of Business Administration), MOL (Master’s in Organizational Leadership), or other Master’s Degree in the discipline from a regionally accredited institution required.
- Prior post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
- Five years’ professional experience within the discipline preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of teaching pedagogy, instructional methods and assessment of student competency.
- Use of technology to strengthen the learning and assessment experience in higher education in a classroom setting.
- Demonstrates analytical and organizational skills necessary to plan, implement and evaluate educational activities to assure compliance with established learning outcomes and objectives.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, necessary to interact effectively with all university constituents.
Located in Fort Wayne, Indiana with campuses in Crown Point, Indiana, and Lafayette, Indiana, the University of Saint Francis is a private Catholic university enrolling 2,400 students. Rooted in the Catholic and Franciscan traditions of faith and reason, the University of Saint Francis engages a diverse community in learning, leadership and service.
At the university, you will experience Franciscan values that encourage us to:
- Reverence the unique dignity of each person
- Encourage a trustful, prayerful community of learners
- Serve one another, society and the Church
- Foster peace and justice
- Respect creation
View our EEO, Diversity, & Title IX statements